Board of Directors
HCE Service senior management team brings together a wealth of entrepreneurial, payments, corporate management, business development, marketing and financial expertise. Our Board and Executives have over 100+ years of combined experience in mobile payments and security solutions and services.
Roger Alexander, Non-executive Chairman
Roger has significant contacts and experience with VCs, Banks, and Payments Processors in the payments industry. He holds NED positions with Valitor hf (Iceland), Caxton FX (London), Accourt (London), and Avantcard DAC (Ireland).
He works closely with the Private Equity business in London and on the East Coast of the USA. These range from the very big (eg Warburg Pincus) to those with smaller funds such as Octopus Investments. He also has an Advisory position with Pennies Payments Advisory Group, which is often seen as the UK Payments Industry Charity.
Dr Chandra PATNI, CEO, Executive Director
Dr Chandra Patni exhibits real passion for entrepreneurship and innovation together with a deep understanding of the key technologies that are driving the fast moving landscape of the Payment industry: Security, biometrics, IT, Internet, Cloud Computing, E-Commerce, M-Commerce and Peer-to-Peer Payments. He has a strategic foresight when it comes to understanding how the technology shift will affect existing business models or enable new ones.
- 25+ years of P&L executive management responsibility in technology businesses at both Growth (YESpay, Thyron) and large Corporate level (WorldPay UK).
- Product Marketing and Innovation led business visionary with strong focus on commercial success having created and sold founded businesses in 2013 for USD multi-millions to Private Equity led Multi-national Corporate. Received funding for growth businesses (YESpay and Thyron) from VC and Private Equity of $2M in 2008 and $10M in 1998 to develop e-/m-commerce payments product technology and operational services.
- Dynamic and a “lead-by-example” leader providing solid management of technology teams.
Ms Nisha PATEL, EVP Partnerships, Executive Directors
Ms Nisha Patni has significant entrepreneurial qualities having worked in the fashion industry for over 15 years. Her strengths lie in people and partnership management and problem solving.
- 15+ years of entrepreneurial experience.
- Excellent problem solving abilities as well as in motivating and managing professional teams.
- Commercialisation, innovation, internationalisation, growth opportunities – new products, new markets.
Mr Remy De Tonnac, Non-executive Director
Remy de Tonnac is Chairman of the board of HCE Service. He is as well a Venture Partner with ETF ,a Venture Capital fund based in London and sits on the board of several companies in the field of disruptive technologies .
He has been CEO of INSIDE Secure from 2006 to 2015. Under his tenure, Inside transformed from a small, innovative technology outfit into a market and industry leader for NFC technology and Mobile Security. He grew sales from 7 M$ to 155 M$, brought in strategic investors such as VISA, Samsung, Qualcomm, NOKIA, together with financial investors worldwide for a total of over 140 M$. He then led the company to an IPO on Euronext in 2012.
Prior to Inside Secure, Remy was a Venture Partner at Vertex Venture Capital in London from 2002 to 2006. He represented Vertex within several technology companies in the firm’s portfolio.
Previously, Remy was employee co founder of Gemplus (now Gemalto) in 1987. He initially oversaw sales and marketing operations in France, before becoming Chief Executive Officer for the Asia-Pacific operations from 1992 to 1999, based in Singapore. He then moved to San Francisco to fulfill the same function for the Americas region. He was also a member of the Gemplus group’s executive committee from 1995 to 2001. He began his career as a technical sales engineer at Compagnie Générale des Eaux (a major French utility company) in 1982, before moving to STMicroelectronics where he worked in planning and marketing functions.
Remy is a graduate of Lille’s Ecole centrale and holds a degree in economics from Lille University.