Introducing HCE Service Card Token Service
“A token is the implementation of a digital account number in place of a PAN that includes additional features associated with tokenisation”, says Dr Chandra Patni, CEO and co-founder.
Mobile payments EMV® tokenisation standards provide increased protection from counterfeit, account misuse, and other forms of fraud. While EMV chip cards have provided substantial protection for card-present point-of-sale transactions, a similar need exists to minimise unauthorised use of cardholder account data and to reduce cross-channel fraud in transaction environments that combine mobile devices and e-commerce.
HCE Service is connected to Visa Token Service (VTS), a key component of Visa Digital Solutions, via a common set of Visa application programming interfaces (APIs). VTS allows issuers to centrally manage the digital issuance of token credentials across remote (e.g., e-commerce, m-commerce) and mobile contactless form factors. Similarly, HCE Service has built connections to Mastercard MDES and NPCI RuPay tokenisation services.
HCE Service’s clients are Token Requestors entities that request tokens during a payment transaction, and include e-commerce enablers, direct merchants (with cards-on-file), third-party wallet providers, and card issuers.
HCE Service has implemented Proximity, E-Commerce, Card-on-File, and In-App Tokenisation within its HCE IPOS SWIM hosted service for its clients for Visa, Mastercard and RuPay. As a result of this development, HCE Service aims to:
- Become an e-commerce token requestor enabler under the HCEWALLET.COM brand, for indirect merchants;
- Provide a white-labelled SAAS token service provider for third-party wallet providers, card issuers, direct merchants and payment gateways;
- Provide online cryptograms dynamically generated by Visa/Mastercard/RuPay and used for authentication of tokenised transactions: Also referred to as Token Authentication Verification Value (TAVV).
HCEWALLET app has been security evaluated by international security labs to manage HCE EMV Tokens to Visa, Mastercard and RuPay standards. The same security app layer is used with our “PIN-on-Glass” IPOS app.
Digital Wallet NFC POS Payments
Replacing the need to use physical cards, consumers at merchant POS can now make payments using HCEWALLET powered Digital Wallet Apps on their NFC enabled smartphones.
- At the Merchant POS with contactless reader, the user enters the SWIM PIN code in the white-labelled HCEWALLET App on his own smartphone.
- The user selects token from list stored in the wallet app.
- The user then “taps” the phone (brings own smartphone in close proximity to the contactless reader of the merchant POS) and the purchase is approved!